South Coast Logistics is committed to achieving the highest standards of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality performance.
The company aims to creating a strong safety culture throughout the company to support this objective.
SHEQ Aims Include
- The provision of a safe working environment for its employees, customers and the general public.
- To minimise the impact of our operations may have on the environment.
- That all incidents and complaints are reported and properly investigated with informative results.
- To meet and exceed where possible our obligations towards our customers.
- Member of the IRHA
- Member of IFTA
- I.S. EN ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management Systems
- International Road Freight Carriers License No. 90331
- CEFIC Safety and Quality Assessment System (SQAS) evaluated by NSAI Ref No 60249
- Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor (DGSA) employed as required under the EC Safety Advisor Regulations 2001 and EU Directive 96/35/EC
It is our policy of South Coast to manage our obligations to the environment in a responsible manner and to take a sustainable approach to developing our company’s business. South Coast regards environmental protection as an integral and essential part of good business practice. We are committed to achieving and maintaining a high standard of environmental quality in all of our operations.
We will do this through the following:
- We have established an Environmental management system which we will continually improve.
- We will follow best environmental practice in regard to our own activities, ensuring that pollution prevention is a major consideration in all our activities.
- We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation, regulations, waste permit requirements and best management practices.
- We have established environmental objectives and measurable targets against which improvements in environmental performance will be monitored.
- We have and will continue to raise staff awareness of the environmental issues and the environmental effects our activities through communication and training.
- We will review annually our environmental policy and consider the need for any amendments in the light of changing circumstances.
All of our drivers at South Coast Logistics under go statutory training for five consecutive days in accordance with ADR legislation.